Featured Post

In The Walled Garden

Friday, July 8, 2016

Prayer 4

Prayer 4  

My Eternal King, Counselor, Helper, and Father; I strive in vain to change my will, to be good and obedient, but the more I try the more I fail.  I steady my aim at the target of morality and send my bolts of work flying through the air, but always the target moves or my bolt fails.  No matter how long I aim with wobbly arms, only a few bolts even land near the mark, but never on.  I got myself into the mess, so I should be able to get myself out of it; but I cannot. I see that I was never meant to or able; always I was to rely on Your strength, Your vision, and your aim. When I submit to You, You lift my bow. When I trust in You, You draw my string.  When I yield to You, You steady my aim. And when I let go of control, You send my bolt through the mark.  Teach me Lord to submit, teach me to trust, teach me to yield, and teach me to let go.  Because I will not be able to do it without you, I am powerless without your strength and hopeless without your love. I yield to you my God. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment