Featured Post

In The Walled Garden

Friday, July 8, 2016

Prayer 6

Prayer 6      

Praise to you my loving God; He who lights my path and directs me where to go.  Without your guidance I am lost with no hope of progress but rather the promise of failure.  When I have the oars in hand I row in circles, in frustration I kick and the holes of my wrath allow the weight of the world in.  The more I am burdened the more frantic I become and the faster I decent down the drain of despair.  Only when I set the oars down and allow You to push me along do I have assurance of eternal safety.  Only you when I allow You to show me where I have breaches in my hull and cover them with Your truth and love do I start to rise in the water.  Only when I submit to Your will and ways does my voyage begin.  No longer am I lost at sea without hope or provision. You my God are the captain of my soul. Help me to always submit to Your will, help my will to be a reflection of Your will always and not my attempt to grab for the oars.  Break my stubbornness on the waves so that I in my humility see Your glory magnified.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment